Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RIP Davy Jones

Dammit. You singers have got to stop dying. D'you hear me?

Here's an article about Davy Jones ... the first one I happened to see a link for when I heard the news. What strikes me is the photos. They're all Monkees-era. Though he released an album as recently as three years ago, they don't show any current pictures.

I have nothing profound to say here. It's not like I spent a lot of time thinking about Davy Jones. But I watched The Monkees in syndication, I enjoyed his character, and another little piece of my childhood is gone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to say about Davy. There are recent photos. He went out as a pudgy, grey-haired old guy. Not much more there than that.

cinderkeys said...

He was still out there doing stuff, pudgy gray hairs and all.

Anonymous said...

I loved Davy Jones. I loved the Monkees. They toured together as recently as a few months ago and were a smash hit. Even Rolling Stone magazine gave them a good review.
I heard that like just over a year ago Davy's doctor told him he had the heart of a 25-year-old. Makes it so shocking that he died of a heart attack. (Sue that doctor! That's mostly sarcasm)

Judy (whose Blog is back up already)