Friday, August 19, 2011

The gig you may not have heard about

My "work" computer's hard drive died a week and a half ago. Since then, I've been running around, dealing with the fallout. I got the drive diagnosed, bought a new computer, set up the new computer, and stumbled through Windows 7 after clinging for many years to XP, an older and much less annoying operating system.

Fortunately, I had all my freelance work backed up elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I hadn't thought to back up anything else. Like Cinder Bridge files.

Like the Cinder Bridge mailing list.

We have a gig tomorrow night. I've sent out invitations to local Facebook friends, and we've contacted a handful of people outside of Facebook, but there are quite a few fans whose contact information we don't have anywhere else.

Ugh.

There's still a chance the old hard drive can be saved. I'll find out one way or another next week. In the meantime, if you're on our mailing list and haven't heard from us, we're not ignoring you.

Oh, and if you're in the vicinity and would like to hear us Saturday night, here's the pertinent info:

What
FireFest

When
Saturday, August 20, 7 p.m., to Sunday, August 21, 2 a.m. Cinder Bridge plays from 9 to 10 p.m.

Where
People's Imports/Party to the People
276 S. Park Ave.
Tucson, AZ

Other info
Other bands include One Heartbeat, Lunasong, and 8 Minutes to Burn. In addition to live music, FireFest offers organic food, healthy drinks, and belly dancers. BYOB.

Hope to see you there. If you sign up for our mailing list, I'll try not to lose you this time.

No comments: