Sunday, August 9, 2009

Music on the Mountain

I finally got to catch some Music on the Mountain performances today. For the uninitiated, Music on the Mountain is a summer concert series held every Sunday at the top of Mt. Lemmon, just outside of Tucson. People who go can enjoy good music and the great outdoors at the same time. Because of the altitude -- and this is key -- they can do so without melting into a puddle.

It's such a good idea, I'm a little surprised nobody thought to do it before Bonnie Vining and LAVA (Live Acoustic Venue Association) started it this year. (And I'm not just saying that because Cinder Bridge is going to be playing up there in a couple of weeks.)

In addition to hearing Duncan Stitt, Brad Fritz, and Chuck Wagon and the Wheels, I finally scored Duncan's new CD, Shortcut to the Promised Land. I'm very psyched.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

"Chuck Wagon and the Wheels" -- what a fabulous name!!

Wish we had a nice cool mountain here in Austin.

have fun on that gig, and I'm sure you will.