Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Introducing Steven, the contralto

While ordering Chinese takeout over the phone tonight ...
Friendly waitress: "Okay, we have egg rolls, egg drop soup, broccoli chicken, and crab crowns! Could I get your name please?"

Me: "It's Susan."

Her: "Steven?"

Me: "Susan."

Her: "Steven?"

Me: "Susan."

Her [sounding a little embarrassed]: "Susan! I'm sorry! It must be my phone."

Me: "No, I get that all the time."
Y'know, maybe I should stop feeling chagrined for considering anything higher than F over middle C to be a "high note."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back as a teenager, on a bus, stood to one side to let an elderly gentleman out and he turned to mom and said "what a lovely young man you have there".

Hmmm. Did the C cups not give it away?

I sent you an email with more pics yesterday - got an auto thing today to say your inbox is full.

Don't know what to do now!

cinderkeys said...

Heh. I'd maybe put that down to the elderly gentleman's eyesight.

Dunno why you got a full-inbox message. I've been getting other mail. I'll shoot you my work address ...

DeppityBob said...

>>>>Y'know, maybe I should stop feeling chagrined for considering anything higher than F over middle C to be a "high note."<<<<


Anything higher than F comes with eggroll.