Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stuck

I'm theoretically excited about the song I'm writing at the moment. It taps into a mood most songs don't explore, which means I have have a chance to do something new. Newish, anyway.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck.

What challenge am I attempting to overcome? Plumbing the depths of a difficult emotion, perhaps? Finding precisely the right words to convey concepts that aren't easy to articulate?

Eventually. But right now I'm trying to find a rhyme for "live." Did you know that almost nothing rhymes with "live"? Seriously, almost nothing rhymes with "live."

On the bright side, obsessing over this one line means I can put off plumbing the depths of a difficult emotion and finding precisely the right words to convey concepts that aren't easy to articulate.

2 comments:

john Wenger said...

Jive. Hive. Writhe. Wide (maybe). Pride (maybe). Slide (maybe). Five.

Well, that should do it.

cinderkeys said...

Not "live" like "live from New York." "Live" like "I have nothing to live for if I don't find a rhyme for this."

"Give" is an awesome rhyme, but I've already rhymed those two words every which way, and I'm trying to avoid repeating myself.