Sunday, February 19, 2012

Plagiarizing Google

Verses 1 and 2 of my dance song were done. Only the last verse stood between me and completion. A piece of imagery came to me: a cocoon made of sound. "Cocoon of sound" wasn't going to scan correctly, though. "Cocoon" needed to go at the end of the line.

I thought of this:
I feel a strong vibration
Here in my sonical cocoon
Was "sonical" even a word? Probably didn't matter. It had the right number of syllables, and everyone would understand what I meant if I added an extra "al" to "sonic." Still, now I was curious. Real word or not? I googled it.


Hey, wait. What's that second one?
I feel a strong vibration
Here in my sonic wall cocoon
Does that count as plagiarism? Or can I call it found art?

3 comments:

DeppityBob said...

You could try:
fanciful
forgetful
seminal
Geritol
damn it all
nembutol
Parsifal
parse it all
Don, et al
Sofitel
bonny call
ebonical
miracle
magical
logical
practical
clinical
cynical
radical
liberal
criminal

Let me know if you need any others.

cinderkeys said...

(Shoot, I meant to respond to this a while ago. Here goes.)

But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

cinderkeys said...

Shake it, shake it, shake it, yeah!